Microsoft Power Platform is releasing a new low-code platform for workflow reporting and automation. In combination with Power BI, Power Automate, and Power Apps, the platform can be used for software development, analysis, and automation. Organizations using the Microsoft Power Platform need to scale solutions to meet demand-level performance. And the best solution is to start by creating a Center of Excellence (CoE).
The mission of the Center of Excellence
CoE is a set of tools that help you strategize how Microsoft Power Platform is embedded in workflows. This will help ensure performance and application development, all in coordination with the entire company, not specific departments. The importance of CoE lies in the fact that it stimulates innovation and provides independence from disorganized structures.
CoE is instrumental in guiding three key steps in the Microsoft Power Platform implementation:
- Administration: Clear and specific allocation of guidelines needed. Manage database concepts, permissions, and connectors. Administration includes such features as archiving unused applications, transferring ownership, optimizing duplication, etc. When there are clear guidelines, innovation is much faster and easier. On the CoE control panel, you will find options for administering and setting access rights.
- Operations: In the CoE dashboard, you can find data about which applications are used and by whom and how often. Business people can create applications using a low-code platform for little cost. As they grow, vendors are stuck with more shady software that needs to be managed. The CoE starter kit contains ready-made templates for applying best practices.
- Innovation: Empowering manufacturers. CoE is the beginning of a journey of innovative expansion and growth for the company. CoE provides the ability to automate and digitalize operations without sacrificing security. Specialists with low code levels can be found in various departments outside of development. The main goal is to find communities and identify in which direction it can develop based on its role in business.
- Leaders are specialists who can tweak the development team by providing expert assistance or insistence. It is necessary to train such specialists and keep their knowledge of products and developments up to date.
- Organizational change agents work on awareness, distribute helpful materials and templates, promote learning at hackathons
- Developers working on creating architectural projects, updating templates and creating new ones.
- Operations and engineering work to provide self-service for objects and data, use of APIs and connectors and is also responsible for monitoring usage metrics.
CoE will no doubt be a huge boost to your organization's success on the Microsoft Power Platform, whether you've worked with low-code before.
Article publication source: