Modern companies have seen value in using mixed reality. It can be used to influence how employees learn and work. Microsoft offers unique mixed reality solutions that transform the workforce in an intuitive way. Examples of such solutions are Microsoft HoloLens 2, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Remote Assist.
Using Intel as an example, we will look at how the above mixed reality technologies are used. At such important technological enterprises, Microsoft`s developments in the field of mixed reality are given the opportunity to perform key functions associated with complex production. When working with the smallest geometries in manufacturing, precision and continuous process improvement are essential to achieve smarter and more efficient production. Intel has a great responsibility to keep pace with the evolution of the global virtual network.
For example, at one of the manufacturing plants, two mixed reality technologies (HoloLens 2 and Dynamics 365 Guides) were able to become part of production processes and participate in such scenarios as:
- Troubleshooting: By using Dynamics 365 guides, employees can audit more thoroughly, strive for fixes the first time, and define directions for repair.
- Maintenance and repair tasks: Employees of the company are trained directly in practice according to step-by-step instructions for conducting an audit and eliminating breakdowns. In addition, Intel uses Dynamics 365 Guides for asset management.
- Facility tour: To show the inner workings of Intel facilities, employees can use HoloLens 2 to take digital tours of the facilities.
- Preparing interactive training materials: Employees of the company can be trained both from home and in the production workshop itself. Dynamics 365 Guides helps Intel create digital, interactive training accessible from anywhere. Trainings can be delivered using a PC or HoloLens device with simple 2D and 3D creation in a real-world environment.
- Remote communication: Dynamics 365 Remote Assist makes it easy to connect Intel experts and technicians through collaboration calls so you don't disrupt your workflow. With Dynamics 365 Remote Assist, the company has made it easier for experienced engineers to work from home. for example, it has become easier to perform remote inspections with photo and video materials. Also, travel avoidance has contributed to global safety during COVID-19.
Article publication source: